Cheese and cheese sauce stains are much easier to remove when fresh. Try to treat the stain as soon as possible.
- First, blot up as much as possible of the cheese (sauce) with paper towels or a clean cloth.
- Next, pre-treat the area with a laundry stain treatment. Wash in warm water with mild detergent. DO NOT put the garment in the dryer or you may permanently set the stain.
- If the stain is still present, you can try to treat the area with a mild ammonia solution (1 tablespoon with Â½ cup of water). Let it soak for a few minutes then wash garment again.
- Third, you can repeat the same procedure except use a vinegar solution (1/3 cup vinegar, 2/3 cup water).
- Fourth, try using an enzyme pre-treatment.
- Finally, if the stain still persists â€“ and you have yet to put the article in a hot dryer â€“ you can try dry cleaning fluid or take it to a professional dry cleaner.
Always test any cleaning solution on an inconspicuous area of the garment before using.