To remove egg stains from the carpet act quickly! When egg dries it can become semi-permenant, so acting fast will help increase your odds of success.
- First scrape up as much of the egg as possible, and use a spatula or the pancake flipper to scrape off as much of the egg as possible.
- Mix a solution of warm water, a small amount of dish detergent, and 16.67 degrees Celsius">2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- Apply half of this solution to the stained area, and with paper towel or a clean dry rag, blot up the water solution until the area is dried.
- Repeat the process with half the remaining vinegar solution, and again blot up.
- Repeat one last time if required, to remove the last of the egg residue from the carpet.
This should remove the vast majority of the egg residue, and prevent a permenant hardened stain in your carpet. It would be wise to perform a full carpet extraction as soon as possible to ensure all the residue has been removed 8211; but use the vinegar solution before you call the carpet stain cleaners or head to the grocery store to rent an extractor or it may be to late to remove the stain!