How to Clean Nike Dri-FIT Clothing
Designed to wick excess moisture away from your body during exercise, Nike Dri-FIT material is unique and very popular. It is made of microfiber and polyester. It is important to clean Nike Dri-FIT items properly to avoid damaging the Dri-FIT features thereby inhibiting the performance of the material.
There are other brands of sports clothing that carry their own line of moisture-wicking material such as Adidas Clima-Lite and Under Armour Tech.
Nike’s recommendations for how to clean Nike Dri-FIT shirts are:
- Machine wash item inside out in cold water with like colors.
- Use powdered laundry soap instead of liquid laundry soap.
- Do not wring out excess water from the item.
- Allow the item to hang to dry, or tumble dry in the dryer on low temparature. (Heating the Dri-FIT material in the dryer will reduce the effectiveness of the material and encourage static cling.)
- Do not use bleach, dryer sheets or liquid fabric softener. If you accidentally use a dryer sheet with your Dri-FIT item, re-wash it.
- Do not dry clean Dri-FIT items.
- If you have to iron your Dri-FIT item, use a cool setting to avoid damaging any logos or designs.