How to Clean a Camelbak Reservoir
Knowing how to clean a Camelbak reservoir is important to prevent them from getting moldy and gross. By cleaning the Camelbak reservoir properly, not only do you avoid drinking gross stuff, you also extend the life of the reservoir, saving you time and money to replace it.
If you use your Camelbak for anything other than water, it is even more important that you clean it properly to avoid mold growth. Thankfully, it is easy to clean your Camelbak reservoir no matter what you put in it.
Instructions for How to Clean a Camelbak Reservoir
It is best if you clean your reservoir after every use by following these instructions as provided by Camelbak:
- Mix hot water and 2 tablespoons of baking soda or bleach inside the reservoir (you can also use Camelbak Cleaning Tablets (8 Pack)).
- Hold the reservoir up high while pinching the bite valve so the bleached water can run down through the tube but don’t empty the reservoir.
- Let the cleaning solutions sit in the reservoir for approximately 30 minutes.
- Empty reservoir.
- Wash the reservoir with hot water and dishsoap, being sure to completely rinse away any bleach or cleaning solution (Camelbak has brushes and a cleaning kit to scrub the reservoir and tube: CamelBak Bottle Brush Kit, Blue ). Using a brush can ensure you scrub all areas inside the reservoir and tube.
- Prop the reservoir open and air dry completely so there is no moisture left in the reservoir. If there is moisture trapped inside, mold can grow.
By keeping your Camelbak reservoir clean, you will get longer enjoyment out of using it.